Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tundra Girls

My family has lived vicariously through my youngest sister for the last 20+ years.  Mom refers to her as her "wonder lust" child, the last pioneer in our family.  After college, she moved to Alaska and has  remained there ever since.  She is married and has two daughters, thus the Tundra Girls.  One of her nieces, on her husband's side, took some beautiful pictures of her daughters.  When I saw this picture, I  immediately thought this was one I could attempt, and it would make a beautiful wall hanging.



This is the picture she posted on Facebook.  Aaah, this would make a good birthday present.

So much for birthday surprises, I asked her to send me the color version.  I wanted to replicate the colors of the clothing.




The pattern



A good beginning

I am sure you can guess where these pictures were taken;



I think this one was taken around 2:00 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment