Sunday, September 7, 2014

Unconditional Love

After reading some new books I had bought on making realistic quilts and portraits, I am ready to stretch out and try a family portrait.  I still am not ready to go large, the picture portion of the quilt will measure about 15 inches by 25 inches.  Although, this is larger than my last quilt.

Picture taken by Rebecca Ebersole of Snapdragon Photography in Maryland

The photograph was taken by Rebecca Ebersole of  www.snapdragonphotographymd.com as part of a photo shoot for my granddaughter's first birthday.  This is just one of the wonderful pictures she took that day.  I just love the look of  "unconditional" love that is portrayed by  my little one.




I had a harder time picking out the larger shapes in the shirt on the left.  I feel as though I broke the pattern  down into too many smaller shapes.  I may combine a few lines when I trace on fusible web.  My feelings are to keep the background very simple because I to have all attention drawn to the family.

Last weekend we went to Lake Anna with our friends.  The weather cooperated, thus, we had a wonderful time swimming and boating.






No comments:

Post a Comment