Friday, February 20, 2015

You Know the Old Saying

You know the old saying, "Watch what you post on Facebook, you never know where your posting will end up."  Well, that is definitely the case for my next wall-hanging.  I did get permission from her father before I posted her picture on my blog.


One of my personal goals this year is to explore faces and portraits.  I have always wanted to draw, paint, quilt a portrait, but have always shied away from the challenge.  This is the year of the portrait.  Then I got that once in a while brilliant idea and thought why not do Andy Warhol pop art style portraits to begin this quest.  In doing so, I need to mainly concentrate on the prominent facial features not the coloring, shading, etc.


I changed the portrait to black and white, then I applied the pencil sketch filter (check out my tutorial page).  This was too light....



so I applied another filter and make it darker. I now have options, options are good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment