Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Inktense Pencils were Yelling

My Inktense pencils were yelling, "Use Me !"  Usually, I use material to for the highlights and shading.  I decided to listen to my Inktense pencils and experiment. 

I used the Intense pencils on the trellis to provide the shadows and details.


On the jacket,  I used material for the shading and highlights.  It bothered me all week.  It just didn't sit right with me.  So I peeled them off and replaced them with shading using the Intense pencils.  I think I need to add more highlights to the top of the shadows.  I will have to use the white pencil because unfortunately I bought the small set of Intense pencils, now I wish I had bought the largest set with more colors.


The details on the hand are done with the pencils, much easier than fabric.



 I like the look of the skins tones on the back and arms.  It is less time consuming to color the material as opposed to hunting for the just right shade.  I'm glad I listened to my intense pencils and experimented with them this week.  
Next week, I hope to finish piecing the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment