Sunday, January 10, 2016

Back on Track

While I was home on my winter break I had a vision and I went with it.  Then the break was over, went back to work, and left my vision behind.  I was struggling last week and had to walk away from the wall-hanging. Pinned it to my design board, and just stared at it when I had the time, knowing it was not going in the direction I wanted it.  Finally yesterday, I connected with the piece again and I feel I am back to my original vision; back on track.


The yellow in the pool was too bright and too intense.  This meant the body color on the baby had to be even more so.  So, I took the pool bottom apart and decided to piece the bottom with less intense colors and give it a  "feel" to complement the hat. I didn't want a definite pattern to the bottom, so I purposefully broke the pattern.  I think mission accomplished; need to finish piecing the pool bottom (need to add more rows).  The olive green shading will come off.  I will use Inktense pencils and thread painting for the shading on the pool sides and bottom.

I am auditioning new and less intense body colors.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment