Sunday, January 3, 2016

Pool Choices

I am considering shades for the pool.  I am not sure I like the lime green that matches the color in the photo.  I think it would take prominence or fight the hat for prominence in the piece.  I don't want it to become the focal point.  The top left and right blend in too much with the sky.  I think I like the bottom right.  I will continue to look and consider different shades.
 
  You may notice, I do not use a lot of plain material.  When I first began making art quilts, I used plain, non patterned fabrics.  As my craft has evolved, I have found using fabrics with textures and light, small patterns along adds character and pizzazz to a piece.  I do use plain fabric where it is warranted.  
 
My plan for now is to select a shade of yellow for the pool floor after the baby is pieced.
 
 

You will also notice, the wall hanging takes on different "looks" when you view it up close and from a distance.  I like the look from a distance.

5 comments: