Sunday, April 10, 2016

Finn Dog

Over my spring break, I drove to Oklahoma to visit my Aunt and Uncle.  Every thinks we are crazy to make that 3,000 mile drive.  We kept posting  pictures of the beautiful scenery on our drive along 81 and then 40 west.  We also made a side tour to Cade's Cove in the Smokey Mountains and Red Rock Canyon in Winton, Oklahoma; you can't do that on a plane.  Our slogan with each post was: This is why we drive.

My next project is a portrait of my daughter's dog Finn.








Using Photoshop,  I removed the background.  Then, I decided to outline the  major highlights in white.  I converted the picture to grayscale and printed it.  I used too small of a white line, and when it was printed, it didn't show up clearly; lesson learned.  Now, I am in the process of retracing it on a layer in blue, so I can save it as an outline.  Afterwards, I will trace the outline to make my pattern.  This should take me a couple of days since I will have only the nights to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment