Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another Milestone Birthday to Celebrate

 
 
Another milestone, another wall-hanging to celebrate the occasion.  We have a friend who not only is quickly approaching a major milestone but he is also seeing a dream fulfilled.  He bought a farm last year and planted a vineyard.  The wall-hanging I have in mind is one that will commemorate both occasions.  First, I thought about using one of the many pictures I have taken of the farm and making a "photo inspired" wall-hanging of it, but I couldn't decide on which one to choose.  Then I decided why decide on just one photo when I could make a "scrap book" wall hanging.


Which design do I choose?


Choices, choices, choices
 

I wanted to incorporate the wine glass design that appears on their label.





Here is my decision for the background design.



I pieced the wine glass.  I decided to use a very subtle change in tone for the two pieces of material used for the wine.  It will hang on my design board for a couple of days while I ponder which pictures will be chosen and the overall design for placing the pictures.  I am also thinking about putting a quote in the bottom left hand corner.
 
 
 
Since this wall-hanging has a wine theme, the only logical thing to do was to share pictures from our trip to Europe last summer.  We took a day long cruise down the Rhine.  
 
 
We saw acres and acres of vineyards.


The scenery was breathe taking with the castles situated among the vineyards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment