Saturday, December 13, 2014

Painting the Finer Details


 
Everyday I feel stronger and working on my wall-hanging is a great way to relax and get better.
 


I debated whether to use thread or paint to put in the finer details.  As you can see, paint won.  I also wrestled with acrylic vs. watercolor.  Acrylic is more stable, watercolors I have a higher comfort level.  Watercolors won.  I plan to take a course in painting with acrylics because it has been years since I have touched them. The eyebrows and eyelashes are really bothering me.  I think they are too thick and dark.  They  look almost comical.  I will try to fix that problem this week.


The last couple of weeks I had to keep my hands busy even though I was afraid to touch my quilting due to the medications.  I made 15 folded star ornaments to give as presents this year.  All the cutting, pressing, and folding  reminded me why I don't do patch work quilting.   It is also a reminder as to why I hold a lot of respect for those who do.  Critically looking at my work on the ornaments confirmed my decision not to work on my quilt.  They look nice, but they are a reminder why you shouldn't do intricate work after a major physical/emotional trauma and while on pain or muscle relaxer medications.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment