Friday, February 27, 2015

Pieced and Face Stitched

Enough already, I know I don't live in Boston,  But enough is enough, everyday they cancel school due to snow is another day of my summer vacation spent in the classroom.



Picking out the prominent features really made me concentrate on the shape of the eyes, nose and mouth, as well as the major shapes caused by shadows in the hair.



I decided to really concentrate on the negative space within the face.  I scanned many websites studying portraits and the quilting patterns stitched on the faces.  I also decided to outline the edge of the nose in black thread.  My first thinking was to do the shading of the nose in black Inktense black pencil, but now I will go back and thread paint over it.  Since this was done in the style of pop art, I decided to do the pattern above.  My major regret is I now wished I had done the rows of stitching closer together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment