Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photo Inpiration

I take pictures; lots of pictures.  That is the greatest thing about digital cameras.  I am motivated to combine my sewing and photography.  I like to manipulate my photos, print, and display them.  I try to choose photos that are crisp in color and have sharp lines and edges.
This picture of Lyla was taken in natural light at a lake and you can really see the tron contrasts in her face. It will make it easier to select the larger shapes to make the pattern.

This picture collage was printed onto white material and sewn onto a wallhanging I am currently working on.

This past summer, we drove to Yellowstone National Park.  I used Publishers.com to make a book of our trip, but I also wanted to display some of the pictures as a wallhanging.  The material I used for the background was bought in a small quilt store in Taos, NM.

No comments:

Post a Comment