Sunday, November 18, 2012

Valuable Lesson Learned and Choosing a Border

 
 
 
The weather last Sunday was georgeous.  Wearing short sleeves, we put up the Christmas lights up outside while soaking up the sunshine.  As I say every year, I can't believe the holiday season is upon us again.  I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving has a great day with family and friends....and don't eat too much turkey.
 
 
I made the mistake of trimming the bushes over my wallhanging and didn't realize fuzz with wonderunder residue was dropping all over my quilt.  When I did a final pressing to make sure that all the pieces were secure before adding the border.........I had a mess on my hands.  Several of the white areas where spectaled and dirty looking.  I tried flicking it off with my fingernail, no luck.  Valuable time was used to carefully remove the white frame areas around the windows.  Since I had just given them a good pressing, it was a little trying to peel them off without taking the darker material for the windows as well.  Finally,  I traced and replace them.  Also, I had to clean the goop off my iron.......a valuable lesson well learned.
 
 
I decided to put a thin white border around the picture before I put the wider border around it.
 
 

Mmmm...I wasn't sure about the brown.
 

 
The blue didn't excite me.
 

 
This was a maybe. 
 
 
After considering several choices, I settled on the above.
 
My youngest sister leaves in Nome, Alaska with her family.  This picture was taken on the edge of town looking north.  I think I would miss the trees living in Nome.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment