Sunday, May 12, 2013

It is Coming all Together

 
Happy Mother's Day!  We just finished having a fabulous brunch with friends and family.  It was a pleasure to prepare and serve the food this morning.  I find staying at home is much nicer than the hustle and bustle of going out to eat.
 

I decided to go with a black border to set off the gold trim.
 

In order to make the petals a little more pronounced, I took a black fabric marker and outlined them.


I know there are other ways other than basting with thread and needle to hold the three layers together, but I find this the easiest.


I decided to keep the stitching on the petals  simple; I outlined them.
 

Next, I stitched the stem and bulb.  Again, I kept the stitching on them to a minimal.  On the background, I have decided to treat each square as a separate piece with its own stitch free motion stitch pattern.


 A I mentioned last week, I really enjoyed our visit to the Rockies.


Not only was the wildlife, spectacular, so were the flowers.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment