Sunday, May 19, 2013

From Darkness Comes Beauty

 
 
 
We are still anxiously waiting for baby girl to make her presence in this world.  My poor daughter-in-law looks absolutely miserable, so swollen.  I think I only have 131/2 days left of school, not that I am counting the days.
 
 
 
For this project, I took the time to plan out the stitching for the background.  I wanted the background to be as much a part of the overall piece and not just a second thought.


Again, everything just seemed to fall into place.  The stitching seems to be complimenting the flower.


Here is another close up.
 


Another view

Here is the pattern I did on the border.
Here is the finished product. I have titled it, "From Darkness Comes Beauty".  It turned out much better than I expected.
 
 


Here are some more pictures of our trip to the Rockies.
 
 
 

This is a view of Grand Lake on the west side of the Rockies.
 


 
Another view of the Rockies, from the west side.

No comments:

Post a Comment