What a whirlwind the last couple of months have been. Europe was fantastic! We planned our trip through AAA. We had a fantastic agent who helped us to plan our hotels, railway schedule, and our side trips. And, oh, Lufthansa is the only way to fly overseas: good food, free drinks all night, and snacks.
The wedding dress took much longer than expected to complete. I ended up sewing 1,000 beads on it. You couldn't really see the beads, but when the light hit the dress just right, it sparkled. It looked magical during the ceremony.
I am very excited to finally have the time to get back to my new first love, quilting. And...... I have been asked to make another wedding dress for a very dear friend. Of course, I couldn't say no. I am staying home this summer so there should be lots of time to do both.
The minute I saw this photo, I knew it had potential as a wallhanging. My new son-in-law took this photo last spring. It would provide me with new challenges of dealilng with skin tone and water.
I uploaded the photo into Photoshop and applied the posteredge filter to it. This helped to make the highlights and shadows more pronounced. I put the tracing paper over it and made my pattern.
I liked the flowered material for the sand near the water, but the pattern was too "strong" for a lack of a better word.