Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ready to Quilt

Brrr......below freezing temperatures and freezing rain this morning.  This weather confirms my belief that my sister is crazy; she lives in Alaska.  I can't imagine living with these below freezing temperatures for long periods of time.  I look forward to temperatures in the low forties again.
 
 
I decided to use a batik for the legs.  I used a color pencil to shade the bottom of the foot and the right foot.  To tell the truth, I am not real sure I like this material for the leg.
 

I am not sure I am making the best material choices for the leg.  This is not what I pictured in my mind.  I am going to have to rethink this.


I peeled the material for the leg off and started over with a different batik.  This one is more to my liking.  The color of the material for the hat has just enough contrast against the  sand.
 

I decided to choose a "maroon" color for the towel.  I think it compliments the hats, water, sand, and legs.  I am ready to quilt.


Here are some pictures from our trip to Czech Republic.

 
A view of the  castle in Cesky Krumlov
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment