Sunday, January 12, 2014

Getting Back into the Flow of Quilting


I now know why I don't live in Alaska; temperatures below 20 degrees is not my cup of tea.  The good thing about living in Maryland is that we always get a reprieve from the cold.


I think the legs need a little bit of shading, don't you?  Nothing fancy, just a dark line to separate them.

 
I think the dark line helps to add a little bit of dimension to the legs.  It provides a dark contrast to move your eye across the composition.  I love the toe nails.


I edged the picture with white material and then added the blue material.
 

 As with my last wall hanging, I really wanted the negative space to be a part of the composition.  I took time to plan the pattern for the free motion stitching for the sand and water.


 

 

I did a circular pattern on the printed material.  I followed the edge of the tan material  to establish the pattern for the stitching.


I am beginning to feel more comfortable controlling my free motion stitching, again.


More sights from Prague:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment