Thursday, July 3, 2014

Interruption to Quilting

Over the last two weeks, I have devoted most of my time to altering a wedding dress for a friend.  The bride has decided to wear her mother's dress.  She is larger than her mother's 100 pound frame when she got married.  Needless to say, the zipper cannot zip up past the waistline.  It was decided to made the back opening into a keyhole opening lined with lace removed from the veil.  The lace is very thin and I had to double the wide by hand sewing two rows together before applying it to the edges.  A strapless bra didn't work under the thin knit material of the dress (the cups made a horrible line in the front).  I had to use lace again from the veil to hide the back of the bra.  In other words, the dress has become quite a project.  But, I will admit, it is a labor of love.  Hopefully, I will get back to my quilting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment