Sunday, September 16, 2012

Quilting a Townhouse

My next project is not a dog.  I am going to try and do my son's townhouse.  His townhouse will allow me to explore with dark and light shades as well as different but limited colors.  Also, I have less negative space to deal with than I did with the dogs.  If it turns out decently, it will make a nice Christmas present for him.


 


 I converted the picture to black and white to better see the dark and light shades.   This will help me to choose the shades to bet get better contrast in the wallhanging.  Choosing the colors is alot easier than choosing the shades to get that eye-popping contrast and dominance.  The brick is lighter than the tree and bushes in front of  it.  There is shading on the grass and sidewalk from the tree casting a shadow, as well as on the house.  The railing is a thin black line.  I will keep looking and making note of the light and dark shades before I choose my material.  I cropped off the sidewalk in front of the house, I may have to put it back, I'm not sure at this point in time.


Mom took these pictures when we visited the Grand Tetons National Park in the summer of 2011.  When there are stopped cars on the road in the park, we know there is wildlife somewhere.  I stayed with the car in the middle of the road, while she hopped out and enjoyed the sight.


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment