Sunday, September 2, 2012

Looking good, Olive

I solved my pink border dilemma, it's blue.  Since Olive had a mischievous look on her face.  I decided to put her in a bed of flowers; pink flowers that is.  Cathy, you got your pink in the wall hanging.







Luckily, I took this picture before the extreme heat and the storms we had this summer.


To stitch Olive, I used the stippling stitch, but now I wished I had just stitched along the edges of the material to make her puffier.  I decided it was time to come out of my comfort zone of just using the free motion stippling stitch and meandering stitch.  I drew the top of the flower in the background and free motioned stitch them.  I also decided to shade the flowers not with fabric, but with magic maker.  I know, that wasn't a wise medium to use, but easy and familiar.   Next time, I will use paints.  I think the fabric I chose for the border just adds to the mischievous look Olive portrays.
 
 
 
It looks like someone took watercolors and painted the sky; a beautiful sunset over Lake Michigan.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment