Sunday, September 30, 2012

Still Painting in Details

 
 


This week I continued to paint details.  I worked on the tree that stands in front of the house.  I started with a grey and black material.  I turned it over and painted the backside using burnt sierra, greens, purple, and another shade of brown to paint the tree trunk and branches.  It took awhile for me to get the hang of painting on the fabric.  It also took time waiting for the paint to dry between layers and colors.  The black of the material came through the material to give it some texture and contrast.


 
Well, I got to thinking (a dangerous thing for me to do) and decided to paint in the bricks on the house.  Just  a crazy thing to do, but I think it will pay off in the finished product.  This  in itself  was enough to kept me busy for the rest of the week.  It does look pretty good if I may say so myself.
 
There is nothing prettier than when the Cherry Blossoms are out around the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment