Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Kayaker

 
 
This past week was very busy and exciting.  My daughter got engaged last Saturday night and we had an engagement part for her last night.  Much of my spare time this week, was spent planning and preparing for it.  Everyone had a good time congratulating the happy couple and yelling at the television set cheering the Ravens on to victory.  You can't fight the playoff season, so you may as well join it.
 

How often do you see a dog riding in a kayak?  Not often, I bet.  I thought this would make a great subject for my next wallhanging.


I converted the photo to black and white to see shapes and shades.  Tracing paper was used to make the pattern.  I traced the larger shapes that would lend themselves to the overall composition.   I wanted to keep this wallhanging very simple and focus on the overall subject.

 
Next, was the decision of whether I wanted a bright blue or a more conservative subdued blue color for the background.
 




I thought I would like to try and work with the bright blue material.  Next, I auditioned different material for the kayak.
 

The winner!  This week should be quieter and hopefully I will have time to get more accomplished.


 We live near Baltimore and visit the Inner Harbor often.  But, two weeks ago was the first time we visited the Federal Hill area and Locust point.  Here are some pictures of the Inner Harbor taken from Federal Hill.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment