Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Kayaker is Emerging

 I love the snow, but not the cold.  The one good thing about Maryland's weather...is that the below freezing temperatures do not last for long periods of time.  We always get a reprieve,  warmer weather is in the forecast for later this week....yeah!
 
 
For the kayak, I decided to use fabric for the shading and highlights.  I tried painting shades on the life vest, but the material wouldn't take the paint.  The paint would spread and it looked messy.  I will deal with the vest later. 



After procrastinating earlier this week,  I finally found the nerve to attempt to do the face.   That was quite an undertaking for me.  The hair and hat fell into place. I decided to use orange material for the hat and shirt because it contrasted nicely against the blue and green.  It helped to  keep them in the foreground.  Painted highlights and shading were added to the hat, face, arms, handle, and paddle blades.
 

My next task was Toby. Toby's ears, spots, nose and leash were done with material.  His eyes and highlights were painted on.  The bottom where I tested the paint will get cut off before I add him to the picture this week.


After we visited the Under Amour headquarters in Baltimore, we went to view a ship unloading raw sugar at the Domino Sugar plant.


A ship docked at the Domino Sugar plant in Locust Point.



Domino Sugar Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment