Sunday, February 17, 2013

Double-sided Table Runners

This past week, I have spent several hours going through my photos trying to find one that "talked" to me.  As of this writing, I am undecided what to tackle next.  So for my post this week, I decided to share my quick and easy Christmas presents that have become very popular with my friends.

Four years ago, I made my first set of  quilted Christmas table runners to give as presents.  A friend suggested that instead of making time consuming quilted table runners, I should make simple two-sided table runners.  Thus began my journey of making table runners as Christmas presents for several years.  I made everyone two two-sided table runners for Christmas.   This year was suppose to  complete the set or so I thought.... a total of 6 table runners; one for every month of the year.  This year's featured May and July;  plus August and September.  Thinking I was finished with making table runners, requests have been made for a Happy Birthday and Party; plus an Anniversary and Baby Shower.   Oh well, I know what I will make for Christmas 2013. 

To make each table runner, I sandwiched the material with iron-on thermo fleece in the middle to give the table runners some loft.  Since I make 16 sets (two for each person) of table runners each Christmas, they have to be made in a fast and efficient way.

Here are some of the table runners I have made:

 
August and September

 
December and January
 

March (St. Patrick's Day) and Spring


 Fourth of July and Memorial Day
 

October Table Runner


Happy Halloween



Pumpkins mean October.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment