Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Kayaker is Now a Wallhanging


Maryland was spared again of the snow, harsh winds, and outages taking place in New England.  Looks like we are going to skirt through winter again this year with no major snowfall.  I started taking a class on Wednesday on Teaching Second Language Learner Reading and Writing.  After reading the syllabus, hopefully the homework will not interfere too much with my quilting.  This week was relatively quiet in our household, sometimes that is a very good thing....especially when you want to get some quilting done. 

I neglected much of everything else this week  and just spent every spare moment  quilting in the evening.


I outlined the the trees and the kayaker using threads to match the color of the material.  For the water, I tried to imitate the ripples you would see as the kayak moved through the water.





Looking at it with a critical eye: I should have added shading in the water around the kayak; shading on the kayak itself and on the figure.   Shading would have added to the depth of the focal point in the picture.  Also, I could have made the water and the sky more interesting.

 Now, I will have to go through my pictures and find an idea for my next wallhanging....mmm I wonder what that will be.  At this point in time, I have no idea.




A street in Baltimore that was decked out for Christmas. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment