Sunday, February 3, 2013

Same Old Problem

 
This past week had extreme temperatures, short sleeves one day and layers the next.  Some days it is difficult to keep track of which season it is.  I love all types of weather, but it would be nice if it would stay a little more consistent.  Last night it was snowing very lightly and this morning we awoke to about a half an inch, just enough to make it pretty, but not enough to make it a real nuisance.
 
 
 
Mmmmmm...again, the same old problem, what do I choose to frame the picture?
 

I was thinking about picking up the colors in the trees;  not really working for me.




I thought the green would compliment the trees.  I really tried to make it work.
 

No, not that, too blah!
 I though maybe the problem was....I didn't have the right material in my stash.
 
I ended up making a trip to the fabric store, and as my husband  sarcastically said, "What?  You have nothing in your 3.2 million dollar inventory?"  Yes, there was nothing that thrilled me.  So, I made time to drive up to Mt. Airy to one of my favorite quilting stores, Patches Quilting and Sewing.
 
 
 
 I did find something more to my liking.....the brown and green.
 

 
 
I think we have a winner!


This picture was taken in the basement of an office building in Locust Point while on our tour in baltimore.  I loved the perspective in this picture.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment