Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Dog's Life- A New Challenge

This past week I joined the ranks of my friends and family with the flu.  Most of my time was spent in bed drinking fluids, box of Kleenex, and binge watching Downton Abbey.

As an novice artist/quilter, I am constantly wanting to try something new to challenge and broaden my skills.  My next project is of a friends dog that recently past away.  When I saw this picture posted on Facebook, I knew immediately it was one I could have some fun with it.  The big challenge for me is to make this a whimsical fun wall-hanging.  This week, I was very busy working with the pictures I wanted to use on the wall-hanging.


I put the photo into Photoshop Elements 13, recolored it to black and white.  Then I used the posturized filter to sharpen the edges and bring out the different shades.




Since the original imagine was of poor quality, when I blew it up, it became rather fuzzy.  I blew my picture up using Microsoft word, then I taped the different sections together.  Afterwards, I took my trusty marker and outlined the major shapes before I put the tracing paper over it.





Beginning to realize, I traced too many shapes.  We will see how that plays out as I piece it together.

Next, I manipulated pictures of the family doing house chores I plan to print and add to the wall-hanging.  This took several days because I didn't know what I wanted, but by the third day things started to emerge and come together.   I started a new page,  Photoshop Elements 13 Tutorials, to start documenting how I manipulate my photos.

 
 


Whimsical and fun colors are a must- this is the palette for the dog

No comments:

Post a Comment