Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Dog's Life?

I Goggled the term a dog's life and found it has a very ambiguous meaning.  When I first named this quilt I was thinking of the title as a satirical statement on life.  As I read the many entries; "today's" definition means the good life for dogs and "yesterday's" definition means a hard, cruel life for dogs.  Well, anyways, my thoughts behind this quilt are the dog has the good life while it's owners do all the work to support his lifestyle.



I decided to have some fun.  I decided to use velour for the cushions on the chair, silver lame for the frames and Mylar wrapping paper for the lenses.  I am thinking about using a different pattern of stitching for each color to add interest.  I just hope it doesn't end up being too much.



I hand tacked the lenses fearing that machine stitching would perforate the Mylar and making it easy to tear. 

Two of the photos of the family working in the background.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment