Saturday, February 4, 2017

Week Two (and 1/2); The Search for Apps


Week 2 1/2; I am beginning to turn into a vegetable following doctor's orders to take it easy, lots of sleep, and do basically nothing.  But, and the big but, I know the end result will be worth it.  I am seeing details in both eyes that were lost with the cataracts.  Also, I hate the thought of beginning all over again as far as getting back into shape; things could be much worse.

Today, I feel half alive after taking my first very short shower (no hair washing for five more days) since the second cataract surgery.  It is very important not to get water or anything in either eye.  One has to remember that my eye is an open wound and the chance for infection is very great.  I wore the huge sunglasses they gave me in the shower to protect my eyes.

I have been scouring blogs and iTunes looking at apps.  I have presented a small variety of apps in my posts since taking on this journey.   In my surfing, I have become very interested in the "sketchbook" type apps.  I think I will concentrate my energy and time researching those apps.  I would love to have an app where I can easily take pictures, mark it up, and record ideas for future wallhangings.  Let the hunt begin.

  • Skitch-  Snap. Mark up.  Share. 
This app reminds me of an electronic sketchbook.  You can take a picture; make it up with shapes, annotations and sketches.

For Mac; found on iTunes  Rating: current version, 25 votes 5 stars


  • How Much Thread  by Superior Threads Inc.
This app will help solve the mystery of how much thread is needed to complete a quilted project.  You input the size of the  quilt and the amount of quilting; it will estimate the amount of thread need.

For iPhone, iPad: found on iTunes  Rating 4+ stars



    No comments:

    Post a Comment