Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hard Year

This has been a hard year.   Up until this time, I have not done much quilting or much of anything.  We all go through these periods; now it is time to pick myself up and move on.  As a way to honor my beloved Aunt Jodi, who was very much an accomplished midwest artist in her own right, I plan to  devote more time to my art.  She died this past April after a long struggle with diabetes and it's complications through the years.  So here is a promise to myself of getting back into a regular routine.

This past week, I ventured into the unknown by making a quick quilt using a panel.  It was just something I have always wanted to do.  Why? You ask, just one of those things.  I will give it to a friend of my daughter's for her new little one.

As of now I am fulfilling a bucket list item.  I have entered two large craft fairs in the Baltimore area. I am making pillow covers, placemats and tea towels with white panels for children to design and draw on with markers, etc.  I want to help get people thinking of fabric as an art medium.  Last year, I entered two very small craft fairs and people really liked the concept.

I am making 100 pillow covers, 100 placemats, and 30 tea towels.  It is taking much longer than anticipated.  As soon as I accomplish this task, I will get back to my wallhangings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment