Sunday, January 7, 2018

Happy New Year

2017, ended on a low note: another car accident (this time with a deer), we are waiting to hear if it totaled.  We heard about the car, not totaled, nine thousand dollars in damage and twelve weeks before we get it back.  The car has to be rewired and programed.  With all that, we are sure we will have problems in the future, we're thinking about buying a new car.  It brought back some very troubling memories and feelings from our fist accident.  I was told this was a normal part of PTSS.  The high note is we walked away from the scene on our own merit.

My resolution is to make up for all the time I did not quilt last year.  I am currently formulating two ideas, making more progress on one.  While Finn has settled on a spot on my design board, I am working on a new wall hanging.  It feels good to create again.  This is one of the engagement pictures of my nephew and now wife taken by photographer Carly Fuller.  She took wonderful pictures of their engagement and of the wedding.  I want to thank her for giving me permission use one of her photographs.  Visit her facebook page: carlyfullerphotography.







 Most quilt artists are using the confetti method to make their trees.  I prefer to cut out the individual pieces.  I know, I'm crazy.  I have spent several hours cutting out and placing the little pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment