Sunday, October 14, 2012

Border and Stairs

 

 I mentioned I was in the process of making the Christmas Bread as I posted last week.  Well, this is the finished product, and into the freezer it went before it could be eaten.
 

This week I concentrated on the border and stairs. I painted the details and highlights on the steps.  Also, I painted the stair railing on the left hand side of the steps.   I decided to extend the steps into the border to give the home a welcoming feeling.  I hope the steps lead the viewer into the picture.  But the border just wasn't working for me, the picture and the border were blending in together. The wallhanging was tacked to my design board and stayed there for several days while I stared and thought about it.   So.... I tore out the stitching and removed it.  Luckily, I was able to remove the steps without ruining them.

 
I added a very thin white border around the picture.  I folded a 3/4 inch wide strip of material in half and attached it to the edge of the picture (I can't think what it is called when you do that).  Then I reattached the border.  The white material is just enough to to provide a contrast, but it is not overwhelming .
 

 Pictures do not do the Cherry Blossoms justice.  They are a must see in Washington, DC.  We are fortunate to live so close by them.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment