Sunday, March 24, 2013

Black and White

Even though the calendar says spring, Mother Nature says, I don't think so.  Oh well, three months from now we will be complaining about the heat and the humidity.  We just can't win.



Something is missing.


I turned the color photo into black and white to help me to figure out what was missing.  The composition is off balance.  It is too heavy on the left.  There is really nothing that draws my eye to the right.
 

The composition needed a pumpkin on the right hand side to balance it.

 

Back to black and white for a composition check; I think we have a Bingo!

 
I  casted the light from the left and shading was added to the figures.


Now, we are ready for quilting!

If you remember in the "Little House Books" books, Laura Ingall's first teaching experience was at the Brewster School.  This is a replica of the schoolhouse.

 
A small one room building
 
 
Inside views
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment