Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Sky



The weather is glorious this weekend after the cold damp , snowy, rainy, weather of this past week.  Come on, spring!  I went walking yesterday and saw purple, yellow and white crocus in full bloom...spring is just around the corner.




Earlier this week, I kept my attention on the pumpkin patch to aviod thinking about the sky.  I really was at a lost as to what to do about the sky.  So......I got in the car three different days after school and drove to two quilting stores and one fabric and craft store.  I raced to Patches the first day and had no luck even though they have thousands of bolts of material.  Day two, I went to Seminole Sampler and found a gradient blue material. Then of course, I had to go to one other store, Joannes,  just to make sure I couldn't find something better; which I didn't.  Nothing like wasting my precious sewing time, to continue searching,  after I have chosen a material.

 
 You can see the gradient color scheme in the blue material.  Next, I was trying out hair for mymother and niece.


The placement of the clouds in the sky helped to draw the eye through the composition.  The trees help to break up the negative space.  I think the placement of the trees and the green color helps my eye to travel around the picture.  On the design board it goes, to ponder; What next?


Our next stop on our Laura Ingalls Wilder trip was DeSmet ND.  We stopped at the homestead Ma and Pa settled just outside of towm.


This is a replica of the house they built on the spot of the original house.
 

This is a replica of the barn.
 

The remaining Cottonwood trees Pa planted on the land.  The rock on the right is a monument to Pa and the Cottonwood trees he planted on the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment